Horse Tales Literacy offers community programs for both After School and Summer Camp providers. The literacy programs are modeled after the successful 1st and 4th-5th grade programs that have reached hundreds of thousands of children in schools across the nation. HTLP has established successful partnerships to offer Community Programs with the Boys & Girls Clubs, Girl Scouts of America, as well as many other community-based groups offering After School and Summer Camp programs.
All After School and Summer Camps are customized to meet the needs of the individual organization. Thus, interested individuals should contact the HTLP Director in their state to discuss how we can best meet your needs. [Please contact us if you do not know who the HTLP Director is for your state.]
Major Features of These Programs:
- Address the needs of all children in Kindergarten through 6th grade.
- Activities designed specifically for use in Community Programs.
- Use lesson plans developed by the University of North Florida and HTLP curriculum, which provides hands-on, interdisciplinary activities (aligned to state & national standards).
- Reinforce and improve students’ reading skills.
- Include social skills and healthy behaviors such as collaboration and peer mentoring.
- Students receive their own book(s) to keep for their personal libraries.
- Meet all requirements for mandated literacy component for community-funded programs.
- Culminate in a fun-filled day of exciting and memorable activities for all!